Good News & Updates: August 5, 2022
1. Everyone is invited to a church-wide meeting in the sanctuary this Sunday, August 7, at 3pm. This meeting will be mostly informational, concerning three separate topics: 1) Reaffirmation of our Mission statement, 2) Presentation of the proposed simplifying changes to our leadership/team structures, and 3) Review of key United Methodist denominational and processes. There will be a follow-up meeting in September for discussion and questions concerning any of this information. In the meantime, for any questions, talk to Pastor Adriane.
2. Summer Fare is August 18, 19 & 20. This Sunday, August 7, is the last official volunteer sigh up Sunday. Be sure to stop by the tables in the lobby. Like to bake? Pies, cakes, cookies, and other desserts are still needed. You can also pick up a yard sign to help advertise this great event. You may contact Janet Tucker at 317-989-4562 or Mike Tucker at 317-491-5127 with any questions.
3. Pictorial Directory Photos September 8 & 9: The pictorial directory won’t be complete without you. Every family photographed will receive a copy of the directory and a free 8x10 portrait. Make your appointment now at https://instant-scheduling.com/sch.php?kn=3534502&typId=64333&step=2 or by using the QR code.
4. The East Washington Street Meijer helps the food pantry battle hunger through their Simply Give campaign. To take part, visit the Meijer store on East Washington Street thru October 1 and purchase a $10 Simply Give donation card. Meijer matches each donation. Double Match days are August 13 and September 10. On these days, Meijer doubles their match to $20 - your $10 donation becomes $30! Thank you for helping the Old Bethel & Partners Food Pantry feed our community.
5. Big Tent Worship Sunday, August 21, at 10am, followed by free BBQ community lunch. While the Summer Fare tent is still up, come worship outdoors in a relaxed, fresh air setting. Immediately following worship, enjoy a free lunch and casual fellowship. This lunch, provided by one of the church’s small groups, is both to welcome our community neighbors AND say ‘thank you’ to everyone who worked so faithfully to plan and host this year’s Summer Fare fish fry. Be sure to invite your family, friends and neighbors to this meaningful, relaxing time of worship and fellowship. If you are able to stay to put away tables and chairs after lunch, your help will be greatly appreciated!
6. The Administrative Council meets Monday, August 22, at 7pm in Fellowship Hall. Proposals for the use of the proceeds from the sale of the Prospect Campus will be discussed. Reminder, anyone may attend Administrative Council meetings. Contact Chair Ann Mead at email@example.com for the Zoom link.
7. Lunch Bunch will meet Wednesday, August 31, at 11:30am. at Mozzi's Pizza, (2221 W. Main Street, Greenfield – take US 40 east to Greenfield, then it’s just east of Legacy Theater). Sign up on clipboard in reception office or call Brenda Maley at 317-894-1178 for reservations.
8. The Chosen Bible Study: Wednesdays at 2pm AND 5pm. If you are a fan of The Chosen TV show and it’s portrayal of the Gospels, or if you haven’t heard of it and want to know the Gospels in a real way, come check it out. Beginning September 7, this on-gong study will continue with Season 2. A study guide, which is helpful, is available for purchase, but it’s not required. Contact Nancy Bellinger at 317-375-0711 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
9. Through Old Bethel’s College Connect Ministry, our prayer is that students attending school, both locally and away from home, are encouraged and prayed for as they are making crucial life decisions. Students: If you are (or you are the parent of) an active member of Old Bethel and will be attending college, trade school or university this fall, please let us know by August 15 by emailing College Connect Coordinator Lynda at email@example.com. Others: Students need a church that will cheer them on, faithfully pray for them and continue to give them resources to grow in their faith. There are several ways for YOU to be involved in the College Connect Ministry, including… · Being an intentional prayer partner to ONE specific student. · Send ONE letter to ONE student ONE time during the school year. · Adopting a specific student for his/her birthday. If you are interested in being a part of this connectional ministry in any way, please contact College Connect Coordinator Lynda Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Volunteer receptionists are greatly needed for Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings (9am-12:30pm) and Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons (12:30-4pm). Work every week or every other week. Primary duties are to greet visitors and answer the phone. The service of Old Bethel’s volunteer receptionists are greatly appreciated and make it possible for the staff to effectively attend to their responsibilities without constant interruption. Substitute receptionists are also needed to work when regular volunteers are ill or traveling. The morning shift is 9am-12:30pm. The afternoon shift is 12:30-4pm. Subs serve on an as needed basis as their schedule allows. The service of Old Bethel’s volunteer receptionists are greatly appreciated and make it possible for the staff to effectively attend to their responsibilities without constant interruption. If interested, please contact Administrative Assistant Lynda Preston at 317-359-9651 or email@example.com or the Volunteer Coordinator Sue Epps at 317-691-1195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.