Good News & Updates: December 23
Note this is the final update for 2021. The next update will be sent January 7, 2022.
1. Safety Alert: The preschool uses the back entrance of the church by the playground and does a car line for pick up and drop off. Drop off and pick up times are 8:55am, Noon, and 3pm. If you see the cars lined up at any of these times do not go around them. The preschoolers will be getting in and out of their stopped vehicles. Our number one priority is the safety of not just our preschoolers, but their parents as well. The back parking lot is not very big as it is and squeezing cars going both ways during drop off and pick up times is unsafe. If you are in the back parking lot at drop off or pick up times, wait until the car line is done to move your vehicle and make sure to exit going towards 21st street.
2. The Youth Group’s New Year’s Eve will be a little different this year. Instead of staying overnight, they will be enjoying food, fun and games from 4-10pm on New Year’s Eve, December 31st. If your student is interested please contact Pastor Tonya.
3. The Old Bethel Staff Parish Relations Committee invites you to a welcome reception for Rev. Adriane Rockhill on Sunday, January 9, immediately following the traditional worship service in the Fellowship Hall. No welcome to Old Bethel would be complete without cake, so make sure to mark your calendars for this date to stick around and greet our new Lead Pastor.
4. January 8, from 3-5pm, Family Ministries is hosting a family movie night. Come join the fun and bring your friends, children, grandchildren and enjoy an evening watching Frozen 2.
5. All are invited to Family Game Night Saturday, January 22, from 5-7pm. We will have plenty of fun board games and card games for all ages. Our bounce house will be ready for jumping! FREE dinner for all. Please mark your calendar and join in the fun! See your connection card for ways to volunteer for this event or contact Community Life Minister Arin Schellenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
6. We still need volunteer receptionist for several shifts. The morning shift is 9am-12:30pm. The afternoon shift is 12:304pm. You can work each week or every other week. OR you might like to be a sub and serve when others are on vacation. Building traffic is slowly increasing and having receptionists to answer the phone is a GREAT help to our administrative staff! Contact Administrative Assistant Lynda Preston at email@example.com or 317-359-9651, extension 131.
* * * * *