Good News & Updates: January 19, 2023
1. Join the fun of Family Game Night Monday, January 23, from 6-8pm! This event is for any age group and anyone with or without kids. Snacks, drinks, and a variety of games for all ages will be provided! If you would rather bring your own, please do! After a few rounds of games as small groups, we will come together for some BINGO and PRIZES. You do not want to miss this event to help kick off the New Year. A few volunteers are needed to help with snacks & drink stations. You may contact Emily Archer at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or with any questions.
2. Coffee with Pastor. All are welcome to stop by for coffee or just to chat with Pastor Adriane any time from 9:30-11am on Wednesday, January 25.
3. The Reynosa Mission team has an extra ticket for this year’s mission work trip, February 15-24. Anyone interested in joining this year’s trip should to contact Ben Life at 317-250-1077 as soon as possible.
4. It’s time for the 12th Annual Souper Bowl. All are welcome to sample a variety of delicious soups on Sunday, February 12, directly after each service in Fellowship Hall. If you would like to make a crockpot of your favorite soup, or help serve, you may contact Ric Gasaway at email@example.com. No voting will take place this year - when we get a chance to gather and share warm soup on a cold day, everyone wins.
5. Receptionists are needed for both regular shifts and to substitute when those with regular shifts are unavailable. Old Bethel’s volunteer receptionists are vital to the weekday operations of the church. They help assure that the administrative staff are able to tend to their responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner without constant interruption. Shifts are 9am-12:30pm and 12:30-4pm. Work a shift every week or every other week, or sub as your schedule allows. Training is provided. Primary responsibilities are welcoming visitors and answering the phone. Current needs are for Tuesday afternoons, Wednesday mornings and afternoons, Friday mornings and afternoons. Contact Lynda Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-359-9651.