Good News & Updates: July 21, 2022
1. Summer Fare is August 18, 19 & 20. A variety of jobs and schedules, either inside or out, are available. There is a place for everyone! Volunteer sign-ups begin this Sunday, between the 9:30 and 11:00 worship services. You may also contact Mike Tucker at 317-467-4668 or 317-894-3672 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
2. Volunteer receptionists are greatly needed for Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings (9am-12:30pm) and Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons (12:30-4pm). Work every week or every other week. Primary duties are to greet visitors and answer the phone. The service of Old Bethel’s volunteer receptionists are greatly appreciated and make it possible for the staff to effectively attend to their responsibilities without constant interruption. Substitute receptionists are also needed to work when regular volunteers are ill or traveling. The morning shift is 9am-12:30pm. The afternoon shift is 12:30-4pm. Subs serve on an as needed basis as their schedule allows. The service of Old Bethel’s volunteer receptionists are greatly appreciated and make it possible for the staff to effectively attend to their responsibilities without constant interruption. If interested, please contact Administrative Assistant Lynda Preston at 317-359-9651 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Volunteer Coordinator Sue Epps at 317-691-1195 or email@example.com.
3. Lunch Bunch will meet at Montana Mike’s (1945 N. State Street, Greenfield - east on 21st Street to Road 9, turn left and restaurant is on the right just before Walmart) at 11:30am, Wednesday, July 27. Sign up on clipboard in the church reception office or call Brenda Maley at 317-894-1178 for reservations.
4. Through Old Bethel’s College Connect Ministry, our prayer is that students attending school, both locally and away from home, are encouraged and prayed for as they are making crucial life decisions. Students: If you are (or you are the parent of) an active member of Old Bethel and will be attending college, trade school or university this fall, please let us know by August 15 by emailing College Connect Coordinator Lynda at firstname.lastname@example.org. Others: Students need a church that will cheer them on, faithfully pray for them and continue to give them resources to grow in their faith. There are several ways for YOU to be involved in the College Connect Ministry, including… · Being an intentional prayer partner to ONE specific student. · Send ONE letter to ONE student ONE time during the school year. · Adopting a specific student for his/her birthday. If you are interested in being a part of this connectional ministry in any way, please contact College Connect Coordinator Lynda Preston at email@example.com.
5. Connecting Threads: Monday, August 1, 9am-2pm. Community quilt making, sewing and yarn arts. No-sew projects available. Bring a sack lunch. Contact Rose at 317-294-1002.
6. Bethel Fellowship: Friday, August 5, at 11:30am. Bring a friend and a brown bag lunch and enjoy the fellowship of a relaxed meal. Contact Pastor Bob at 317-899-4360.
7. Everyone is invited to a church-wide meeting in the sanctuary on August 7, at 3pm. This meeting will be mostly informational, concerning three separate topics: 1) Reaffirmation of our Mission statement, 2) Presentation of the proposed simplifying changes to our leadership/team structures, and 3) Review of key United Methodist denominational and processes. There will be a follow-up meeting in September for discussion and questions concerning any of this information. In the meantime, for any questions, talk to Pastor Adriane.
8. The Administrative Council meets Monday, August 22, at 7pm in Fellowship Hall. Proposals for the use of the proceeds from the sale of the Prospect Campus will be discussed. Reminder, anyone may attend Administrative Council meetings. Contact Chair Ann Mead at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
9. Pictorial Directory Photos September 8 & 9: A pictorial directory is a tool to help us know each other better and it won’t be complete without you. Every family photographed will receive a copy of the directory and a free 8x10 portrait. Make your appointment now at https://instant-scheduling.com/sch.php?kn=3534502&typId=64333&step=2 or by using the QR code.
10. The East Washington Street Meijer is helping the food pantry battle hunger through their Simply Give campaign. To take part in this, visit the Meijer store on East Washington Street between now and October 1 and purchase a $10 Simply Give donation card. Meijer matches each donation. Double Match days are August 13 and September 10. On these two days, Meijer will double their match to $20 - meaning your $10 donation will turn into $30! Thank you for helping the Old Bethel & Partners Food Pantry feed our community.