Good News & Updates: June 2, 2022
1. This Sunday, June 5, is Pentecost Sunday and we will celebrate with Holy Communion, We will welcome guest musicians as our Chancel Choir and Bells of Old Bethel complete their season. Please plan to wear red to worship.
2. Next Step: All are invited to consider your next step of commitment. Have you been baptized? If you are a youth, have you been confirmed in your faith? For adults, have you become a member of Old Bethel? These steps are still just the beginning. If you would like to talk about what your next “step” is, you may contact Rev. Adriane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Annual UMW Garage Sale is this weekend June 3, 8am-3pm & June 4, 8am-1pm.
4. Quilt Auction: Carol Simpson has created and donated 27 beautiful and unique quilts to be auctioned May 14 through July 9, with proceeds benefiting local and global mission projects of the United Methodist Women. Online bidding begins May 14 at app.galabid.com/carolsimpsonquilts. A celebration viewing of the quilts and in-person bidding will be held July 9, 1:30-3pm in Old Bethel’s sanctuary. You may contact Carol McMillen at 317-899-4360 with questions about this event. If you have questions about online bidding, please contact Cheryl Platt at email@example.com.
5. The Youth Group is hosting a just-for-fun Men’s Mini Golf Tournament June 11, from 1-4pm! We’ll celebrate the men in our lives by playing a fun 9-hole game of mini golf. Fun prizes will be awarded so bring your A game and come have some fun! Drinks and snacks provided.
6. Lunch Bunch will meet at Johnny Carino's (920 US Highway 31, Greenwood, just south of the mall) at 11:30am, Wednesday, June 22. Sign up on clipboard in the church reception office or call Brenda Maley at 317-894-1178 for reservations.
7. Old Bethel is excited to partner with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department to host the 2nd Annual Kids Bike Safety Day on Saturday, June 25, from 10am-1pm. Children are invited to learn about staying safe on their bike this summer. We will have a bike obstacle course, a mountain bike course, a bounce house and free lunch. Our hope is that many children will come and take part in this event, even if they don't have a bike. We need several children's bikes and helmets for this event. If you have bikes or helmets we could borrow for this event, please email Community Life Minister, Arin Schellenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Memorial Bricks: You may honor or memorialize a loved one by purchasing an engraved brick on the entry portico. Order forms may be found in the literature stand in the lobby. You may contact Memorial Committee members Linda Brady at 317-847-9953 or Sue Dugger at 317-356-0765 with questions.
9. This year’s Vacation Bible School theme is Adventures Down Under. VBS is July 11-15, from 6-8:15pm. Registration begins June 12. Registration forms are available at the Welcome Center. Return completed forms to Pastor Tonya. Volunteers are still needed. Please contact Pastor Tonya at email@example.com.
10. We’re Hiring! Old Bethel UMC is looking for 1. Sound Technician on Sunday mornings and 2. Praise Team Director for the 11am contemporary worship service. If you’re interested and available, or will become available in the near future, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Old Bethel & Partners Food Pantry is hiring for the Warehouse Worker position. The hours are M/W/F 7am-12noon. This person must be able to operate a pallet jack, lift 75 pounds repeatedly and work well on a team. $15/hr. Contact Arin Schellenberg at email@example.com
11. The Administrative Staff is grateful to currently have all volunteer receptionist shifts filled. The service of these ladies and gentlemen make it possible for the staff to effectively attend to their responsibilities without constant interruption. We are still seeking individuals to serve as substitute receptionist when regular volunteers are ill or traveling. The morning shift is 9am-12:30pm. The afternoon shift is 12:30-4pm. The primary duties are to greet visitors and answer the phone. Subs serve on an as needed basis as their schedule allows. If interested, please contact Administrative Assistant Lynda Preston at 317-359-9651 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Volunteer Coordinator Sue Epps at 317-691-1195 or email@example.com.