Good News & Updates: March 16, 2023
1. Meijer is helping the Old Bethel & Partners Food Pantry battle hunger through their Simply Give campaign. Please visit the Meijer store on East Washington Street between now and April 1, and purchase a $10 Simply Give donation card. Double Match day is Saturday. March 25. If you visit the store on these days and purchase a $10 Simply Give donation card, Meijer will donate an additional $20 - meaning your $10 donation will turn into $30! Thank you for helping the Old Bethel & Partners Food Pantry feed our community.
2. Lunch Bunch: Meet at Jockamo’s Pizza (5646 East Washington Street) at 11:15am on Thursday, March 30. To make your reservation, sign up on the clipboard in the reception office or call Brenda Maley at 317-894-1178.
3. It is time to update your contact information for the upcoming Guide Book & Directory. This book is provided and direct-mailed to each family at no cost to the church. Also, you may opt-out if you do not want your information published. Changes and opt-out requests must be received by April 1 by email to email@example.com or by calling the church office. If you own a business and would like information on advertising in the book, you may email that interest as well.
4. The Annual Easter Extravaganza is Palm Sunday, April 2. This year’s event will include an Easter lunch and egg hunt. All are invited to Palm Sunday worship services. Lunch will be served after the 11:00 service and will be followed by Easter activities. Donations of fillable plastic Easter eggs, small individually wrapped candy, egg cartons, and volunteers are needed for this event. Contact Arin Schellenberg or Pastor Matthew if you would like to help with this event.
5. Receptionists are much needed for both regular shifts and to substitute when those with regular shifts are unavailable. Old Bethel’s volunteer receptionists are vital to the weekday operations of the church. They help assure that the administrative staff are able to tend to their responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner without constant interruption. Shifts are 9am-12:30pm and 12:30-4pm. Work a shift every week or every other week, or sub as your schedule allows. Training is provided. Primary responsibilities are welcoming visitors and answering the phone. Current needs are for Tuesday afternoons, Wednesday mornings and afternoons, Friday mornings and afternoons. Contact Lynda Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-359-9651.
6. Invitations from our partners at Faith UMC: Heart & Soul Karaoke, Saturday, April 1, 4:30-6:30pm. Lets get together for a fun April Fool’s afternoon of fellowship, food and karaoke. If you have always wanted to try or even if you would just like to listen to others sing, it’s sure to be a fun-filled occasion. Breakfast with the Bunny & Easter Egg Hunt, Saturday, April 8, at 9:30am. All children and parents are invited to enjoy a light breakfast, craft, take a photo with the bunny, and search for Easter eggs. Please let Faith UMC know how many in your family will attend by emailing email@example.com, so they can make sure the bunny brings enough eggs.