Good News & Updates: March 31, 2022
1. This week's Shared Tables Meal is Taco bar, Hot dogs, Salad, Chips, Applesauce, and Dessert. If you would like to bring donations please see Pastor Tonya at the Shared Tables table in the lobby after service. Come enjoy a warm meal with our community this week!
The Shared Tables ministry is in need of donations and volunteers! Click on the link to sign up! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0b48aaa622a1f58-obumc2
2. We are in the process of updating our Guide Book & Directory. This book is being provided and direct-mailed to each family at no cost to our church, and it is again being subsidized by local businesses that advertise. If you own or manage a business and would like to find out about advertising in our book, please contact Lynda Preston at 317-359-9651 or firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29.
3. Euchre meets monthly, usually the second Friday of the month from 7-9pm. Our next get together is April 8. This group is open to all who play. Contact Ruth Pipher at 317-809-0035 with questions.
4. Old Bethel’s annual Easter Eggstravaganza on Saturday, April 16, from 10am - noon. We plan to hold this indoors and look forward to welcoming our neighbors to an Easter celebration. We will have a craft, treats, and the bounce house will be ready for jumping. The Celebration Puppeteers will perform. Most importantly, we will have a chance to share the good news about Jesus. Invite your friends and family! Several volunteers and lots of small, individually-wrapped candy are needed to make this event go smoothly. Please contact Community Life Minister Arin Schellenberg at email@example.com or 317-359-9651 if you are able to help in any way.
5. The Annual Youth Mission Trip Spaghetti Dinner & Dessert Auction is April 24, 4:30-6:30pm. This is an event you won't want to miss! Tickets for the event will be sold March 7-April 10; ages 13 & up: $8, ages 5-12: $3, and ages 4 and younger: free! Be sure to see Pastor Tonya or any Youth Leader to get your ticket between services. If you would like to donate a dessert for the auction, please indicate so on Sunday’s Connection Card. You may also contact Pastor Tonya at 317-359-9651 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your tickets or donate a dessert for the auction.
6. Graduation Recognition Sunday is May 8. If you are a member or attendee and are graduating from high school, college or university, please let us know by picking up a graduation info form at the Welcome Center or by contacting Pastor Tonya at email@example.com. Return it to Pastor Tonya by April 25, along with a recent photo.
7. Women of Old Bethel of ALL ages are invited to attend the Mothers & Others women's luncheon Saturday, May 14, 11:30am to 1:30pm at Old Bethel. A boxed lunch from Texas Roadhouse will be served. There will be door prizes, gift bags, a program by the Youth and a wonderful, exciting and challenging speaker who will talk about “Role Models”. The event is FREE but, you MUST register in advance. You may sign up in the church lobby Sundays from April 3 through May 1 or you may contact Nita Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-353-8238.
8. The Annual UMW Garage Sale is June 3, 8am-3pm & June 4, 8am-1pm. WE WANT YOUR STUFF! Begin cleaning out closets, drawers, attics, basements, garages, and sheds. Pack your unwanted/unused items and save them for us. Are you going to be thinning out plantings in the yard? We’ll take those too. Drop it all off May 31, 9am-2pm, June 1, 9am-6pm, and June 2, 9am-2pm. Spread the word! Contact Linda Brady at 317-847-9953 with any questions.
9. The Administrative Staff is grateful to currently have all volunteer receptionist shifts filled. The service of these ladies and gentlemen make it possible for the staff to effectively attend to their responsibilities without constant interruption. We are still seeking individuals to serve as substitute receptionist when regular volunteers are ill or traveling. The morning shift is 9am-12:30pm. The afternoon shift is 12:30-4pm. The primary duties are to greet visitors and answer the phone. Subs serve on an as needed basis as their schedule allows. If interested, please contact Administrative Assistant Lynda Preston at 317-359-9651 or email@example.com or the Volunteer Coordinator Sue Epps at 317-691-1195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.