Good News & Updates: November 22, 2022
1. Minutes from the October Administrative Council meeting are available in the literature rack in the lobby. The Administrative Council meets next on Monday, November 28, at 6pm at Jockamo’s Fort Ben location for an end-of-year celebration of ministry and leadership. Administrative Council Members AND members of other administrative committees (Trustees, SPRC, & Finance) are all invited. Appetizers will be provided, but individuals are responsible for any food or drinks they order. Please RSVP by November 22 to Ann Mead at firstname.lastname@example.org reservations can be made.
2. Lunch Bunch will meet Wednesday, November 30, at 11:30am at The Grille (east on Pendleton Pike a short distance past the Meijer complex on the right.). Please sign up on clipboard in the church reception office or call Brenda Maley at 317-894-1178 to make your reservation.
3. All are invited to the UMW Christmas program Thursday, December 1, at 11:30. Myrna Galbraith will bring the program of songs and bells and anticipates audience participation. The main entrée will be provided by the UMW Board. If you wish, bring your favorite salads or deserts for the meal. Reserve a spot for you and your guest(s) by signing up by November 27. Sign-up sheets will be in the lobby between worship services November 12 and 20. You may also contact Sharon Fogleson at 317-941-3383 or email@example.com.
4. Old Bethel UMC’s Annual Charge Conference is Sunday, December 4, at 3pm at Old Bethel Church.
5. The Old Bethel & Partners Food Pantry is collecting Kleenex and paper towels to distribute to shoppers for Christmas. Please bring your donations to the church lobby through December 4. 6. Connecting Threads: Monday, December 5, 11am at Manley’s Irish Mutt (7041 E. 10th Street). Members may bring their significant other. RSVP to Rose Shurig at 317-294-1002 or Dianna Fred at 317-909-3366 by November 28. 7. Preschool Christmas Art Show & Reception: Thursday, December 8, 5:30-7:00pm. Come see the amazing artwork the preschoolers have been working on this school year. There will also be a small Art Auction. Come and bid on your favorite pieces! 8. Holiday Bake Sale, Saturday, December 10, 10am-2pm. Let the UMW do your holiday baking. Homemade cookies, pies, cakes, candy, fudge and many more delicious items to take home for your holiday gatherings. Santa & Mrs. Claus will make an appearance to visit with the kids.
9. Christmas Progressive Dinner, Saturday, December 10. Tickets are $10 and limited to 40 guests. Two groups of 20 will travel to two homes for appetizers and two different homes for salads, all guests will end the evening at the church for the main course and desserts! Be looking through your recipes, when you purchase your ticket, you will be asked to donate an appetizer, salad, or dessert. You may contact Ron Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 698-3868 with any questions. 10. The Preschool is doing a Santa Workshop for the students. The students will “shop” for gifts for their families, wrap them and take them home. We are seeking donations of gently or unused items you may no longer want (figurines, books, unused candles, unopened lotion, pack of pens or notecards, coloring books, crayons, little toys. Items can also be purchased from the dollar store. The items will need to be at preschool by December 9. If you would like to help out with this event on December 16, please contact Preschool Director Shannon Schwoebel at email@example.com. 11. Old Bethel Preschool is sponsoring some of our very own families from the preschool for Christmas. The Giving Tree will be located in the middle of the lobby and decorated with ornaments. On each ornament is a gift picked out by the families. If you would like to help bring Christmas joy to the homes of these families, please grab an ornament off the tree, purchase the gift described, wrap the gift and place them back under the tree with the ornament attached to them. All wrapped gifts are due by 12noon December 16. Monetary donations are also welcome. Contact Preschool Director Shannon Schwoebel with any questions. 12. Shared Tables will serve a warm, delicious Christmas dinner to those who attend on Wednesday, December 21. If you would be interested in donating food for this Christmas dinner please contact Arin Schellenberg at 317-359-9651 or firstname.lastname@example.org 13. Everyone is sure to have a wonderful time experiencing what Christmas is all about at JINGLE JAM! Come join in the fun December 21, from 6-8pm for a free meal followed by crafts, cookie decorating, songs, and BINGO. A few volunteers are needed as well. Please sign up by emailing email@example.com.
14. Receptionists are needed for both regular shifts and to substitute when those with regular shifts are unavailable. Old Bethel’s volunteer receptionists are vital to the weekday operations of the church. They help assure that the administrative staff are able to tend to their responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner without constant interruption. Shifts are 9am-12:30pm and 12:30-4pm. Work a shift every week or every other week, or sub as your schedule allows. Training is provided. Primary responsibilities are welcoming visitors and answering the phone. Current needs are for Tuesday afternoons, Wednesday mornings and afternoons, Friday mornings and afternoons. Contact Lynda Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-359-9651.