Updated: Apr 28
1. 1st Quarter Giving Statements are available for pick up at the Welcome Center. Please pick yours up to save the church in postage costs. If you have any questions regarding your statement, please contact Business Administrator Cathy Thoman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. We’re Hiring! Old Bethel UMC is looking for 1. Sound Technician on Sunday mornings and 2. Praise Team Director for the 11am contemporary worship service. If you’re interested and available, or will become available in the near future, please e-mail email@example.com. The Old Bethel & Partners Food Pantry is hiring for the Warehouse Worker position. The hours are M/W/F 7am-12noon. This person must be able to operate a pallet jack, lift 75 pounds repeatedly and work well on a team. $15/hr. Contact Arin Schellenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Women of Old Bethel of ALL ages are invited to attend the Mothers & Others women's luncheon Saturday, May 14, 11:30am to 1:30pm at Old Bethel. A boxed lunch from Texas Roadhouse will be served. There will be door prizes, gift bags, a program by the Youth and a wonderful, exciting and challenging speaker who will talk about “Role Models”. The event is FREE but, you MUST register in advance. You may sign up in the church lobby Sundays through May 1 or you may contact Nita Wilson at email@example.com or 317-353-8238.
4. This week's Shared Tables Meal is a Taco Bar, Hot dogs, Salad, Chips, Applesauce, and Dessert. If you would like to bring donations please see Pastor Tonya at the Shared Tables table in the lobby after service. Come enjoy a warm meal with our community this week! Shared tables is in need of donations and volunteers. If you are interested please click the link below to sign up! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0B48AAA622A1F58-obumc3 https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0B48AAA622A1F58-obumc5
5. Od Bethel Travelers will be on the road to Hagerstown, Indiana on June 8, to tour of the Wilbur Wright Birthplace & Museum, after which we’ll lunch at Willie & Reds Smorgasbord, then visit Abbotts Candy to watch chocolates being made! The cost is $55. Reservations must be made by May 15. Make checks payable to OBUMC and leave in the Old Bethel Travelers mailbox in church reception office or mailed to Brenda Maley, 1640 Park Chase Place, Indianapolis, IN 46229. Board bus at 8:15am. We’ll return around 4:30pm. You may call Brenda at 317-894-1178 with any questions.
6. The Annual UMW Garage Sale is June 3, 8am-3pm & June 4, 8am-1pm. WE WANT YOUR STUFF! Begin cleaning out closets, drawers, attics, basements, garages, and sheds. Pack your unwanted/unused items and save them for us. Are you going to be thinning out plantings in the yard? We’ll take those too. Drop it all off May 31, 9am-2pm, June 1, 9am-6pm, and June 2, 9am-2pm. Spread the word! Contact Linda Brady at 317-847-9953 with any questions.
7. The Administrative Staff is grateful to currently have all volunteer receptionist shifts filled. The service of these ladies and gentlemen make it possible for the staff to effectively attend to their responsibilities without constant interruption. We are still seeking individuals to serve as substitute receptionist when regular volunteers are ill or traveling. The morning shift is 9am-12:30pm. The afternoon shift is 12:30-4pm. The primary duties are to greet visitors and answer the phone. Subs serve on an as needed basis as their schedule allows. If interested, please contact Administrative Assistant Lynda Preston at 317-359-9651 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Volunteer Coordinator Sue Epps at 317-691-1195 or email@example.com.