The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The vision of Old Bethel United Methodist Church is to offer hope for every hunger in every heart.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Family Ministry Pastor
Worship Audio-Visual Technician
See details for each position below.
Family Ministry Pastor
Job Frequency: 40+ hours a week, including Sundays
Job Classification: Ministry
This position includes a parsonage and all utilities.
Job Purpose: To pastor ministries within Old Bethel that focus on children, youth, and families, and to assist the Lead Pastor and Pastor Emeritus in exercising pastoral oversight and duties.
Equip Youth and Children for the ministry of Jesus Christ in the local church and the world. (50%)
- Oversee the High School Youth Ministry, Upper Elementary-Jr. High Youth Ministry, Children’s Sunday School classes, and Children’s ministries.
- Develop and resource adult leaders for the youth groups, Children’s Sunday School classes, Children’s Ministries, and others.
- Create monthly Curriculum Guides for Kids Church, help with Kids Church where needed, create Parent Cues for the bulletin every month.
Provide pastoral coverage and oversight by assisting the Lead Pastor and Pastor Emeritus as needed/assigned. (30%)
- To work with the other pastors in a cohesive, effective, and efficient team.
- Assist in worship as needed/assigned.
- Provide pastoral care to hospital patients, nursing home residents, and shut-ins, assisting the Christian Care Team.
- Preach as needed.
- Represent pastoral oversight in various meetings as needed.
- Preside at weddings and funerals as needed.
Resource the home according to their spiritual, physical, and emotional hungers. (15%)
- Homes are healthfully developing spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
- Develop written, both hard copy and electronic, resources to support the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of members of the home.
Empower the church to live into their baptismal covenant. (5%)
Provide intergenerational opportunities to share, serve, worship, grow, and give.
*Other Duties As Assigned
The Family Ministry Pastor reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
Qualifications and Skills of Job Role:
- A growing and intentional relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Works through conflict in healthy ways. Takes initiative and utilizes a strong and moral work ethic.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates Degree may be accepted.
- Can communicate biblically driven theological understandings to different age groups in engaging and developmentally appropriate ways. Can adapt/develop materials for teaching the faith.
- 1-2 years or more of ministry programming experience. Experience building ministries from the ground up, and identifying/developing committed and enthusiastic volunteers/leaders.
- Working knowledge of family systems and/or human development. Experience in working with diverse sets of people.
- Is willing to work as a part of a team to fully support the mission and vision of the church by sharing in prayerful and strategic ministry.
- Biblically supports women in leadership.
To apply, submit resume and letter of introduction with salary requirement to: